Wednesday, September 7, 2011

First Day of School

Today was Abby's first day of school. She is officially a 2nd grader!  I personally have a hard time wrapping my head around this. I remember bringing her home from the hospital like yesterday but I guess as a Mom that is a memory I will always have with me.  Yesterday we went up to her school and met the teacher and she got to see who was in her class.  Thankfully she knew a few of the kids so that put her at ease.  She was excited and ready to go back but this morning a case of the nerves set in.  Once we made it out to the bus stop she was fine.  The bus arrived only a few minutes late which is great because last year it never showed up on the first day!  Hopefully this is a sign of how the year will go, smoothly!  

We had a busy summer and now our busy fall is starting. Jason is coaching Abby's soccer team this year and this Saturday I am competing with a group of Coast Guard Wives in the annual Beast of the East, Mud Run. It's a 10k ( 6.2 mile) running/obstacle course and yes there is mud.  I keep telling myself that my skin will look radiant after this!  

No comments:

Post a Comment