Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Beast of the East!

As I was looking back through old blog posts I realized I never posted about the 10K Mud Run I took part in on September 10th.  I was part of a team of 5 Coast Guard Wives.  We made our own shirts and had a blast running the race. It was a 6.2 mile race with obstacles and water hazards and of course mud! It was literally the most fun I have had in a very long time. I was so worried about not being able to run it but I was fine. In fact when I got the end of the race I told Jason I was fine and I was ready to go again. I would do that race again in a heartbeat.  So glad I got to do it with an awesome group of Coast Guard wives! I think the highlight of the race for me was climbing this huge hill of mud and I had to use a rope to pull myself up the hill. I got to the top and felt absolutely empowered!  I raised my hands above my head and I hear my teammates cheering me on. It was an awesome feeling.  I was so happy I made it to the top of that hill and that I didn't tumble down it like I had just seen another girl do right before I made my ascent!   The second best part was crossing that finish line and seeing Jason and the girls waiting there for me.  One of the Best times ever!  I think I may have caught the race bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment